Linux Kernel Interview Questions
If you are Linux kernel developer or Linux device driver developer or being a fresher preparing for interview for the skills of Linux Kernel Development and Linux Device Driver development , then knowledge of Linux Kernel is must . As questions from Linux Kernel is going to be part of your interview and play an important role. But on Internet we dont have all the Linux Kernel interview questions available at one place pr website . To fill this gap we have list out more than 300 Linux Kernel interview Questions so that on single platform you can prepare fir your Linux Kernel Interview and which makes you Linux Kernel Interview Preparation easy and simple.
If you are searching for all Linux kernel interview Questions at one place then your search ends here. By going through these Linux Kernel Interview Questions you can check your Linux kernel Interview Preparation.
In this Course We are going to cover Linux Kernel interview Questions from all the Subsyetms of Linux Kernel like Process Management , Scheduling , Interrupt handling . Top halves , bottom halves , Memory management , Kernel Synchronizations and many more . So the idea is cover all the questions possible that can be asked from Linux Kernel in the Linux kernel Development and Device Driver interview . This course is designed by Professionals who has taken various interview for Linux Kernel and Device Drivers job openings for their organizations .
This course will help freshers as well as professionals who are preparing for Linux Kernel Interview or Linux Device Driver Interview. This Linux Kernel interview questions list is free of cost .
After going through this course if you feel you need customized Linux Kernel and Device Drivers Interview Preparation help then please connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We provide customized interview preparation assistant for Linux Kernel and Device Drivers interview preparation according to our customer needs.
Answers to all questions can be found at below link
Linux Kernel Interview Questions & Answers
Below are some of the Linux Kernel Interview Questions :
Process Management ( Linux Kernel Interview Questions Chapter 1)
Process Management Interview Questions
- What is Process?
- What is thread?
- Kernel schedule individual process or thread ?
- Do linux differentiate between thread and process ?
- Does program and process are same?
- How process is created?
- Do fork call return in both child and parent process?
- Which system call load new address space and load new program into it?(exec)
- How the list of Process is maintained in linux kernel?
- What is process descriptor ?
- What is the size of task_struct on 32 bit system?
- Where information of process get stored in linux?
- Where task_struct get stored in memory?
- What is PID and how its get used in linux?
- What is thread_info struct?
- How to control maximum number of process in linux?
- What is current macro?
- How the current macro is implemented in linux kernel?
- What are different process states?
- How to check individual process states ?
- Difference between interruptibe and uninterruptible process ?
- Example of both interruptible and uninterruptible states ?
- How to manipulate the current process states ? (set_task_state)
- What is process context?
- Does current macro valid in interrupt context?
- What is init process?
- How init process is used for initiating further processes ?
- How processes tree is maintained using task_struct ?
- What is copy on write?
- What is the benefit of copy on write?
- What is clone system call?
- What are the task done by fork()?
- What is vfork()?
- Difference between fork() and vfork()?
- How threads are implemented in Linux kernel?
clone(CLONE_VM | CLONE_FS | CLONE_FILES | CLONE_SIGHAND, 0);
- How thread are created in linux kernel ?
- What is kernel thread ?
- Difference between kernel thread and user space thread ?
- Which command is I used to list out kernel threads? (ps -ef )
- What is kthread_create and kthread_run() ?
- What are task need to be performed at the time of process exit?
- When the process descriptor get removed ?
- What is zoombie processes
- how parentless task handled in linux?
Process Scheduling ( Linux Kernel Interview Questions Chapter 2)
- What is multitasking operating system?
- Cooperative multitasking vs preemptive multitasking?
- What is preemption?
- What is timeslice of a process?
- Why timeslice is important ?
- What is yielding?
- input/Output Bound Process versus process bound process?
- Which types of process get priority in linux kernel for scheduling ?
- Example of processor bound process?
- What is process priority?
- What us nice value in linux kernel?
- What is real time priority?
- Why we can not have very short timeslice?
- Why we can not have large time slice?
- What is schedule classes ?
- What is CFS?
- What is virtual runtime?
- What is RB tree and how it is used in Linux ?
- How to pick the next task in linux kernel for scheduling ?
- What is the scheduler entry point ?
- How sleep and wake up is implemented in linux kernel?
- What is wait queue ?
- What is context switching , what does it do?
- What is need_resched flag ?
- What is user preemption?
- When user preemption occurs ?
- What is kernel preemption?
- What is preempt_count?
System Calls (Linux Kernel Interview Questions chapter 3)
- What are system calls and what are uses of system calls?
- What is system call number?
- Why system call in linux is faster than other OS?
- How system calls notifies to Linux Kernel?
- What is system call table?
- How parameters are passed in System call?
- How to pass large number of parameters in System call?
- What are the considerations while implementing system call?
- How to add a system call?
- Why adding a system call is not recommended ?
For All other chapter from Linux Kernel Interview Questions , Please see Course Curriculum page .
Find Answers to all Questions Below
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 133
- Assessments Self
Kernel Synchronization Methods
Process Address Space